Hydrodynamic tests area milestone stage in vessel engineering, which includes open-water and tank testing.
The main testing object is an engineering vessel’s model.
JSC Alekseev’s Design Bureau uses experimental tank with towing bridge for testing and optimization of hydrodynamic characteristics of all high-speed vessels, including:
Hydrodynamic channel water trough is a rectangle cross-section steelwork, which has pneumatic wave-maker in its forward end and wave breakers in its stroke side and water trough end.Moving bridge is a rigid space structure, which leans on trackage by four wheels packs. This trackage was lined up to a horizontal high precision and which are located along water trough hydrodynamic channel corridor partition. Moving bridge has aerodynamical configuration, which were created, providing incoming air list confusion in model location area. Sufficient capacity of moving bridge induction motor provides intensive overspeed establishment with boosting up to 10 m/s2 and speed up to 12 m/s. Braking reliability is provided by four-protection stage system, every stage of which has a previous duplicate. Automate measuring system allows to measure, collect revenues, conduct model parameters tests registration and their holding by 16 channels contemporary.
|1. Tank dimensions:||
lenght - 74,0 m;
width - 4,0 m;
depth - 1,2 m;
|2. Towing speed||0,5 - 12,0 m/s2;|
|3. Acceleration||10,0 m/s2;|
|4. Braking acceleration||15,0 m/s2;|
|5. Accuracy of speed control on measuring segment||0,5 %;|
|6. Length of measuring segment||40,0 m;|
|7. Length of measuring segment||up to 50 kg;|
|8. Wave dimensions:||
height- 40-150 mm;
length - 1,0-4.5 m;
The main technological advantages of JSC Alekseev’s Design Bureau’s experimental tank are follow:
JSC Alekseev’s Design Bureau’s experimental tank is used for hydrodynamic characteristics developing and defining of high-speed vessels, which move over, above and below the surface.
Hydrodynamic characteristics of such hydrofoils as "Roketa", "Meteor", "Catran" and "Valday", which have been exported in 50 countries; of air-cavity vessels, which are operating in Russia and abroad as well; of such technical unequalled ekranoplanes as "Orlenok", "Lun" and "Kaspian monster" have been developed in our experimental tank.
design and constructional drawing of all types and purposes towed models,
engineering and building the necessary towing equipment and control equipment
2. Towing model building for testing.
The main aim of mentioned research is determination and further optimization of main technical characteristics. The model seakeeping performance of hydrofoil boats and gliding boats, ekranoplanes, hydrofoils, air-crafts and air-cavity vessels are being established in smooth water and seaway as well.
The tests are leaded in open-water conditions in offshore of "Krasnoe Sormolovo" shipyard, in Nizhniy Novgorod. Usually towing boat and towed models are used for such testing.
After that, JSC Alekseev's Design Bureau makes technical report with analysis of hydrodynamic parameters and photo/video of movement in calm and rough water.
1. Optimization of hydrodynamic hull shapes
2. Optimization of hydrodynamic design for foil systems
3. Characterization of Seakeeping performances, wettability, splashing, floating stability, buoyance, propulsion quality, resistance to flooding, ship motions, course-keeping qualities
4. Defining of model acceleration during its movement
5. Defining of hydrodynamic parameters of test models including angle of list, pitch, speed, course, angular speed
6. Characterization of towing characteristics for test models
7. Characterization and optimization of aero-and-hydrodynamic WIGs configuration
8. Characterization and optimization of aero-and-hydrodynamic configuration for hydrofoils, gliding boats and air-cavity vessels
9. Characterization and optimization of aero-and-hydrodynamic configuration for hovercrafts